- a + b= ab (synthesis) example: N2 + H2 = NH3
- AB= A + B (decomposition reaction)
- A + BC= B+ AC (single replacement) example: Zn + AgNO3 Ag+Zn(NO3)2 /Bad prom/
- AB + CD ---> CB + AD (double replacement)
- fuel + O2 ex. C3H8+O2 ----> CO2 + H2O ex. C8H18+2 ---> CO2 + H2O (combustion)
I really wasn't here for the lab ( I blame my brother for all and any damages this may cause.)
Timmy did explain the lab to me. Unfortuantly since I was not there I cannot give first hand knowledge of the lab. What Timmy and Leigh explained to me (including you mister ludwig), was that you took different compounds or metals and put them in solutions. Then you recorded the reactions. Which can be found at the top of this post. I had a ton of fun watching the types of reactions Mr. Ludwig described.
The bad prom effect was especially funny. I call it third wheel syndrome. Just a joke, but that is one element goes with another leaving the other alone. by itself. poor element. Single replacement.
- A + BC= B+ AC (single replacement) example: Zn + AgNO3 Ag+Zn(NO3)2 /Bad prom/
- a + b= ab (synthesis) example: N2 + H2 = NH3
- AB= A + B (decomposition reaction)
- AB + CD ---> CB + AD (double replacement)
- fuel + O2 ex. C3H8+O2 ----> CO2 + H2O ex. C8H18+2 ---> CO2 + H2O (combustion)
Number two howver, is my favorite. you need fuel. plus oxygene and then you get this.
This is what I learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment